WATG Acceleration Committee Publishes Extensive Report on Advanced and Accelerated Learning in Wisconsin. Includes Action Steps for policymakers, school districts, educators, administrators and families! Click the image on the left to read the full report.
Dr. Scott Peters, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater
Acceleration is proven to be an effective strategy yet is underutilized or not offered at all in many districts. The WATG Acceleration Committee set out to research, analyze, and develop action steps to improve acceleration practices and strengthen gifted education in Wisconsin. Advanced and Accelerated Learning in Wisconsin: Moving Wisconsin Students Forward is the culmination of the committee's work and recommendations.
Supporting this Work
Research and Resources on Academic Acceleration
- A Nation Empowered: Evidence Trumps the Excuses Holding Back America's Brightest Students
- Academic Acceleration: Is it Right for My Child?
- Accelerate Illinois
- Acceleration Institute Parent Page
- Developing Academic Acceleration Policies: Whole Grade, Early Entrance, and Single Subject
- Illinois Acceleration Act
- NAGC Guidelines for Developing an Academic Acceleration Policy
- NAGC Tip Sheet: Acceleration
- What One Hundred Years of Research Says About the Effects of Ability Grouping and Acceleration on K-12 Student Achievement