WATG exists primarily for the purpose of raising public awareness about the unique needs that gifted individuals have.
To accomplish this, WATG has set several primary goals:
- Increase public awareness of and understanding for the needs of gifted individuals and their potential contributions to society.
- Strengthen channels of communication among all those interested in the developing and nurturing of high potential.
- Offer a variety of relevant educational opportunities which meet the needs of our various constituencies.
- Provide referral services for persons seeking professional consultation regarding concerns related to giftedness and talent development.
- Facilitate the sharing of research data and resources which support multiple facets of gifted/talented education.
- Foster effective programs which maximize the development of talent in all individuals including involvement in technological advances.
- Promote political action on local, state, and national levels.
Contributions to WATG are tax deductible.