The mission of the Wisconsin Association for Talented and Gifted is to educate about and advocate for the needs of gifted individuals in Wisconsin.
To achieve its mission, the WATG Board of Directors has identified the following goals:
- Increase public awareness of and understanding for the needs of gifted individuals and their potential contributions to society.
- Strengthen channels of communication among all those interested in the development and nurturing of high potential.
- Offer relevant educational opportunities to meet the needs of our various constituencies.
- Provide referral services for persons seeking professional consultation regarding concerns related to giftedness and talent development.
- Facilitate the sharing of research and resources that support multiple facets of gifted/talented education.
- Foster effective programs which maximize the development of talent in all individuals
- Promote political advocacy and action on local, state, and national levels.